What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Springtomize 2 For iOS 5+

dfweyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up this tweak from Filippo Biga this morning, many (many) nice customizations for your iPad for only $0.99 since I already had the iOS 4 version of Springtomize. Also installed Springtomize 2 on my iPhone under my Cydia account...definitely worth the money. Now we just need to get this tweak for the iPad 2 on iOS 5!

[Moderator edit: Removed link to external, other iPad-related site. Please, read our rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this, definitely a great tweak that I had been eagerly anticipating.

However, we don't allow links to external (other) iPad sites here at iPadForums.net, so I've removed the link. In addition, I've moved this post to the main Hacking section, so others can know about the release of Springtomize 2.

Finally, how well does this work on your iPad? I put it on my iPad1 (on iOS 5.0.1) and it didn't work so well for me. Despite my best efforts, I could not get additional icons in the dock, my icon rows didn't change. I did get my battery icon (in the status bar) to disappear, but that's about all. Did you find that everything works? IOW - what's the secret, cause I had to remove it from my iPad...

I compare this to the original Springtomize on iOS 4.x, which I had and loved. And, honestly, for the iPad - it needs a lot of work. So, I'm wondering, is there anything different you did to get it to work on your iPad?

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
D

dfweyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I tried to link to the youtube video overview from iPadJailbreak...

I mainly bought this tweak now for my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1, but also installed it on my iPad. The custom number of icons in a row and in the dock work fine on my iPhone 4, but wouldn't work on my iPad. It seems that Filippo rushed out this release a little bit to beat out the competion maybe? This tweak is my favorite, and the upgrade for $0.99 is an awesome deal IMHO. Pretty much everything else seemed functional for Springtomize 2...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, while I am not happy about your confirmation that Springtomize 2 doesn't work well on the iPad - I feel better knowing that it's not just me! :D

I have confidence he'll get it, however. He appears to be a very talented programmer. That's why, although I have it uninstalled, I've changed my notifications so I can keep track of it (and watch for updates that might work on the iPad).

Thanks for responding back.

Marilyn

Most reactions