What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spreadsheets and iPads

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet on my Thinkpad computer and and iPad3 with the Numbers app. How do I get the spreadsheet onto my iPad, and in the Numbers app where I can use it? My brother says, "just email it to yourself" which doesn't quite tell me how to do this. I feel like he left out a step; it can't be that easy, can it? What happens after I email it?

Thanks!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Perhaps you could email the document to your own email address (attach it to an email) and then, on your iPad, open the email, hold down on the document icon, and select "Open in Numbers."

Hope this helps.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a spreadsheet on my Thinkpad computer and and iPad3 with the Numbers app. How do I get the spreadsheet onto my iPad, and in the Numbers app where I can use it? My brother says, "just email it to yourself" which doesn't quite tell me how to do this. I feel like he left out a step; it can't be that easy, can it? What happens after I email it?

Thanks!

Is this in Excel format ?

If so then your brother is right. Email it to your iPad then tap on the file in your email message. It should open in Numbers as presumably this is the default app to open spreadsheets.

Alternatively if you use iCloud you can send it there and open it directly in Numbers. I think you might also be able to use Dropbox, but I am not too sure about the integration in Numbers.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Document icon:

image-1376162614.jpg

Hold down on it and select Numbers.

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it is Excel. Once there, I can save it in Numbers?

Dropbox confuses me.

OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked! Now, how do I add info? When I click on a cell I get cut, copy, paste, delete, and fill. Fill causes a yellow box to surround the cell. How do I get a keyboard to open up?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, that worked! Now, how do I add info? When I click on a cell I get cut, copy, paste, delete, and fill. Fill causes a yellow box to surround the cell. How do I get a keyboard to open up?
You have to double tap the cell to invoke the keyboard.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Try reading this web page http://www.apple.com/uk/support/ios/numbers/

It has some hints and tips and trouble shooting info and online help file.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts