What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spotlight Search ?

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SPot light search is in my settings but maybe I am missing something in how to use it? Can it be used to search the ipad2 for items like you use it in macos 10.7.2 ?
thanks anyone in advance
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SPot light search is in my settings but maybe I am missing something in how to use it? Can it be used to search the ipad2 for items like you use it in macos 10.7.2 ?
thanks anyone in advance
DICKSTER-----

Spotlight Search in Settings > General lets you configure what you want to include or exclude from your iPad's search results.

To search for something on your iPad, files, apps, etc. you only need to swipe right on your home screen (or keep swiping right until the search screen appears). Type a keyword or words into the search field to find whatever it is you're looking for. That's the equivalent to Spotlight in OS X. Or did I misunderstand?

ipad_Spotlight_Search.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad version is limited compared to the OSX version. You can tell what it will search for by going to the settings Rich pointed out.

For searching emails, use the search feature in Mail. Unlike the general Spotlight search it can search the email's body (if the option is selected). In general the built in search of most apps is better (for that app) than Spotlight. I rarely use it.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it out --very simple-DUH,,!! I went to iPad manual and it told me how to on page 42. I keep forgetting about the manual.
DICKSTER-----

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys ! Kiss --keep it simple stupid goes for me DUH !
DICKSTER-----

Most reactions

Latest posts