What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split screen

Scooby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can help. I got my iPad today and when I first used it the layout on my settings screen was the same as my iPhone4 but after my sister in law had a look the screen now has the settings on the left and the details of whichever setting you are on, on the left as if the screen is split. How do I get it back to the single screen ?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like it's stuck in portrait mode. At the top right of the screen, in the status bar, do you see an icon of a lock with a arrow circling it. If so you have the screen rotation locked. The switch for this is either the switch next to your volume buttons, or in the multitask bar. Since your sister changed it, I'm betting on the switch. Try turning it off (no orange showing).

If that does not work, double tap the home button. When the multitask bar shows up slide it to the right. There should be either a rotation lock or mute button on the left side of the revealed controls.

Most reactions