What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Screen Question

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I use the split screen feature to look at another page in, say, Goodreader? Would be useful for referring back to something I have read---.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I use the split screen feature to look at another page in, say, Goodreader? Would be useful for referring back to something I have read---.
You can use any app that supports split screen and slide over. To check which of your installed apps support split screen, swipe in from the right side of the screen to bring up Slide Over. Now swipe down from the top of the slide over screen and you'll see a list of all your installed apps that support split screen. Tap on the one you want and it'll open in slide over. To get to split screen, tap and hold on the centre of the left edge of the slide over screen and move it to the centre of the display.

One thing you can't do is open the same app in both halves of the split screen, like Goodreader for example.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another side note.

While Goodreader won't work, there is a workaournd for viewing websties side-by-side in Safair. It's an app called Sidefari, and looks like this when used on an iPad Pro.

image.png

On a normal iPad you should end up with two screens that look more like iPhone browsers, so I'm told. My iPad Air can't do splitview.

Most reactions