Split Screen Question

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Tuttle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Can I use the split screen feature to look at another page in, say, Goodreader? Would be useful for referring back to something I have read---.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can use any app that supports split screen and slide over. To check which of your installed apps support split screen, swipe in from the right side of the screen to bring up Slide Over. Now swipe down from the top of the slide over screen and you'll see a list of all your installed apps that support split screen. Tap on the one you want and it'll open in slide over. To get to split screen, tap and hold on the centre of the left edge of the slide over screen and move it to the centre of the display.

One thing you can't do is open the same app in both halves of the split screen, like Goodreader for example.

#2 scifan57, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    As a side note, it doens't look like Goodreader has been updated for slideover or splitscreen multitasking yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Another side note.

While Goodreader won't work, there is a workaournd for viewing websties side-by-side in Safair. It's an app called Sidefari, and looks like this when used on an iPad Pro.

image.png

On a normal iPad you should end up with two screens that look more like iPhone browsers, so I'm told. My iPad Air can't do splitview.

5. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If Left side is "slide over" is the right side just a quicker way to open another app?

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That quote should be swipe in from the right side of the screen to bring up Slide Over.