What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop while the computer is asleep?

JackBookPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I downloaded splash top and am very excited by the possibilities. However, I have encountered a significant problem.... It won't connect while my mac book pro is asleep? Is this by design? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help!

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i am Correct to wake from sleep you have to go into the computers bios and set to wake from LAN. Then in splash top settings you have to turn on wake computer in like the extra tab or something like that

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF App

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On Macs we don't need no stinking bios. :D

No guarantee it will work, but go into system preferences on the mac. In the Energy Saver settings check Wake for network access. If I remember right the laptop will have separate settings for power and battery modes. Make changes to both if you want it to work in both.

Hold in mind you might have to try connecting more than once. It could take the computer a bit to be awake enough.

Then again it may not work. It's been a while (years) since I last used this option, and it did not works so well then.

Last edited:

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought Splashtop when it was on sale the other week. I don't really have a use for it yet, but it's such a cool app, and it was such a good price, I went for it.

I've often wondered about keeping my Mac book awake (connected) when the lid is closed. I'll play around with those settings when I get a chance. It'd be a lot more convenient if I could close it and move around without dropping the WIFI.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tired using the iPad Splashtop app with my iMac and could never get it to stay connected. Splashtop support was useless. :confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've used it on and off with my iMac for the last week or so. It worked very well on the iPad only network I had set up, but not so well with the main network router. But that's true of my iPad in general, it's slower with the Netgear router.

Since my Airport Express died yesterday (used for the iPad network), I may have to actually try and fix that. (sigh) I hate troubleshooting wi-fi router problems. It's all trial and error.

Most reactions

Latest posts