What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop troubleshooting question

Minkpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a desktop (running Win XP) and a laptop (most recent OS X) that are behind the same network. I'm trying to set up remote access to both through splashtop, but when I look up the IP addresses, they're the same. WI set up 2 separate profiles for them on my iPad, but when I try to dial into either, it just pulls up my laptop. Do I need to input something additional in the IP addresses to make them distinct? Is there a way to change the ports used on either computer? Any help is most welcome. Thanks!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if you are trying to access inside or outside the network, but in either case there is no way the IP address of both computers is the same.

However, you likely only have on public IP address, and that is what you would use to access outside the local network... by using port forwarding. In this scenario you have to use different ports on the mac and pc if you want to access both via splashtop.

I access a mac and a pc remotely using splashtop and all I had to do was change the port number to something different than the default on my mac, and in the connection setup on my ipad for the mac.

Michael

Minkpan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I was trying to change the settings on my PC's end and they weren't taking, for some reason. I did it on the Mac end and it works great, now.

Most reactions

Latest posts