What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop troubleshooting question

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have splashtop running on my pc, I have the app on my. iPad but it will not find the pc. I manually add the computer and ip address but it can not connect to the pc. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thnalnyou in advancenfor any help you can offer.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are both connected to the same wireless network? Also I would double check the ip addy of your computer.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have splashtop running on my pc, I have the app on my. iPad but it will not find the pc. I manually add the computer and ip address but it can not connect to the pc. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thnalnyou in advancenfor any help you can offer.

Where did you get your IP address? My laptop at home is configured with two: one local IP address that is used when my iPad is on the same wifi router at home, and an external IP address assigned by my ISP that I need for accessing via 3G.

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for helping out. I got the ip address from splashtop. They are both set up to the same wireless network

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of Windows? I have had that happen on an XP machine.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This sounds like a Windows firewall issue - when you installed Splashtop on your PC and ran it for the first time, did you get a prompt to allow it by Windows firewall?

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did and it is checked to allow access. I confirmed it. I also couldn't get zumocast to find it either

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was able to set up my our other two laptops easily and they are all on the wasn't wireless network. Tanks for any help you can offer.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How is this machine configured to your network. Can you do an ipconfig / all and compare the output to the other laptops that are working fine? I would also check your router for any rules that may have been configured with regards to ports and ip/ip ranges on your network.
The fact that Zumocast doesn't work either suggests it is something specific to connectivity to this machine. Try uninstalling splashtop and clearing out any rules for it in firewall - reboot and login as admin and reinstall and start it up and test again.

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a spell check before I post? The other two are laptops and they are on the same wireless network. Might it have something to do with the fact that the pc is set up directly to the network?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about a spell check before I post? The other two are laptops and they are on the same wireless network. Might it have something to do with the fact that the pc is set up directly to the network?

Do you mean the PC is directly plugged into the router but the laptops connect to the same router wirelessly? This should not pose a problem but as a test, you could plug one of the laptops directly into the router and turn wireless off on this laptop and then see if you can access Splashtop on that laptop over the network.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is this machine configured to your network. Can you do an ipconfig / all and compare the output to the other laptops that are working fine? I would also check your router for any rules that may have been configured with regards to ports and ip/ip ranges on your network.
The fact that Zumocast doesn't work either suggests it is something specific to connectivity to this machine. Try uninstalling splashtop and clearing out any rules for it in firewall - reboot and login as admin and reinstall and start it up and test again.

This may too advanced for me to do, sorry and I thank you forth advice

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's not a problem - just let me know how experienced you are on a computer and I will talk you through the steps to achieve this if you wish.
The easiest thing to try is to try uninstalling splashtop and clearing out any rules for it in firewall - reboot and login as admin and reinstall and start it up and test again.
Let me know if you need assistance with this.

OP
P

Pridetv

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's not a problem - just let me know how experienced you are on a computer and I will talk you through the steps to achieve this if you wish.
The easiest thing to try is to try uninstalling splashtop and clearing out any rules for it in firewall - reboot and login as admin and reinstall and start it up and test again.
Let me know if you need assistance with this.

Donka, that is very nice of you to offer. Thank you. I can do the ipconfig and see the different ip. I will reinstall splash top as per your instructions and see what happnes and then post the results.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having issues getting splash top to find my PC as well. any more solutions? running Windows 7 and Kaspersky as a firewall. splash top is allowed in kaspersky.

no clue...

Most reactions

Latest posts