What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop Remote

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anywhere on the internet or anyone out there who has an easy way to set up Splashtop to be used over 3G?

I would appreciate the link or the instructions.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you have to do is port forward 6783, 6784 and 6785

It's really simple. If you don't know how to set up port forwarding check google.

OP
B

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you have to do is port forward 6783, 6784 and 6785

It's really simple. If you don't know how to set up port forwarding check google.

Ok, so I went on the internet to find out how to make this connection over 3g.

I realized that what the people who make Splashtop neglected to to say was, if you want connection over 3g, you need to have an advanced level of understanding of computer network set up.

I found out you have to set up a static ip address then do port forwarding which involves accessing your router on the internet.

How many everyday lay user is going to be able to do that?

I got as far as the static ip set up but I am not going to mess with the router as my computer is not the only one on the set up.

I have Logmein and I never had to go through all of that.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think they neglected to say....the how to is on their website. They say they are working on a easier method but as of yet it does take a few more steps.

Most reactions

Latest posts