What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop Remote Question and issue?

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running windows xp (sp3) on my laptop - I installed the streamer and then bought and installed the remote app on my iPad. I've connected fine and it works really great to access my programs on my laptop. Best i've used. BUT... when I connect, its as if the mic is turned on on my laptop and I have everything coming thru to my ipad - the fan sound from my laptop, noises from the room (can hear my kids talking, tv going, etc) and any other computer noises, the whirring that a computer does, all come thru. I tried opening a flash video and that sound came thru great as advertised but also the fan sound and other sounds piped thru as well distorting the true sound from the video...

There has to be a way to avoid this. Please help if anyone has experienced this...

Also I hate my laptop showing all that I'm doing, even the sound that pipes through to my ipad, if the sound on the computer is off, it doesn't come thru to ipad, had to turn it on... (but still other stuff came thru too whether sound on or not)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into your laptop's 'Control Panel' you can disable the microphone and that should stope this problem. It sounds (sorry for the pun!) as though you've got a program running that's using the microphone for something.

In terms of not showing on the screen what you're doing remotely, I don't think that can be done on Windows XP. Windows 7 has a 'lock screen' function that will lock the screen and prevent this, but not XP.

Having said that, though, on my laptop I can do two things that help....one turn the screen brightness down to zero (doesn't affect the Splashtop image) and second, switch the control to external display (on my laptop I can have either the laptop screen only, laptop screen and external display, and external display only. If there is no external display connected, then the laptop screen is simply blank.

Tim

OP
J

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go into your laptop's 'Control Panel' you can disable the microphone and that should stope this problem. It sounds (sorry for the pun!) as though you've got a program running that's using the microphone for something.
Tim

Good on the display. Thx.

On the sound.... Mic only comes on when splashtop is connected. I haven't found how to disable it yet...

Most reactions