What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop remote only 59p for today only!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I paid full price for this app few months ago :(:(

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
I paid full price for this app few months ago :(:(

Oh bad luck! Err is this a good time to ask how much I saved by buying it today?

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me check my emails and let you know, i am preety certain it was £1.79

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was once £11.99!! I paid £1.79 a month ago but imo it was worth that anyways!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i paid 1.79£, why was it soo much before? Quite a few compitition now i suppose but at £11+ they were not going to sell a lot

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
What happened, am i missing something :)

Yeah! I'm apologising for getting the app for free when you had to pay for it. 

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh i see, you are the chosen and lucky one

Imagine the peeps who paid 11£ when the app first came out, how they be feeling :(

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed Splashtop, Very impressed I must say. If my Pc was left on and I was in work, Could I connect to it or is it purely working over my wifi?

Cschueren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No1zeppelinfan said:
Just installed Splashtop, Very impressed I must say. If my Pc was left on and I was in work, Could I connect to it or is it purely working over my wifi?

They just put out an update with that feature in it for windows but they said it's a trial and my not work correctly.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
The latest update is simply awesome. The implementation of making it work over 3G with no setup whatsoever brings it finally up to par with TeamViewer HD and is now my favorite remote app.

This feature is supposed to be experimental. And I have not yet found out, how it actually works, but all I did was enter my gmail account into Splashtop on the desktop, as well as in the Splashtop app and now Splashtop does find the laptop over the internet without any setup, port-forwarding, etc.

Let's hope the developers will make this feature available for mac users as well ;)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest update is simply awesome. The implementation of making it work over 3G with no setup whatsoever brings it finally up to par with TeamViewer HD and is now my favorite remote app.

This feature is supposed to be experimental. And I have not yet found out, how it actually works, but all I did was enter my gmail account into Splashtop on the desktop, as well as in the Splashtop app and now Splashtop does find the laptop over the internet without any setup, port-forwarding, etc.

Let's hope the developers will make this feature available for mac users as well ;)

I'd like to echo everything that DontUnderstandMyIpad said, it's simply awesome now. The latest experimental update works flawlessly (but read the instructions on the Developer's website - you need the latest (free) streaming client for your PC and, as DUMI said, you need to enter your gmail (or, in my case, googlemail :( email address (yeh, I know, I know)) in both the iPad app and the PC streaming app and that's all there is to it. No messing with your router, firewalls, port forwarding or anything like that. Tried it over my 3G '3' link and it's great - of course, there's a lag - even Splashtop can't circumvent the laws of physics! Brilliant!!

Tim

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Yep, even at full price, this is a "Must Have" app. And I love how they show WoW in their screenshots - but get a BT keyboard if you want to really do anything (yes, I have tried.)

Most reactions

Latest posts