What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop Remote desktop for ipad now on sale

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splash top is now only £1.19, a great price for a great app, check it out!

(I'm nothing to do with splash top, just love the app :))

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Camoman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you don't. And besides, you haven't given a description of the app, how are we supposed to know if it's worth buying?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camoman12 said:
I'm sure you don't. And besides, you haven't given a description of the app, how are we supposed to know if it's worth buying?

Umm I dunno read the reviews on the AppStore? Or the numerous threads on these forums saying how good it is. It's now gone up to £1.79 now anyways

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Just downloaded it now. Looks great. Will check it out later when I get out of bed :p

It's quite easy to setup to use over 3G as well, if you need help let me know!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Just downloaded it now. Looks great. Will check it out later when I get out of bed :p

Lazy lazy ( says me who is still in bed, replying to all my iPad forum threads)

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggysmallz said:
Tell me you are being sarcastic.

Well it's not to difficult, you have to port forward ports 6783-6785, and then forward to your ip :)

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggysmallz said:
Tell me you are being sarcastic.

Well it's not to difficult, you have to port forward ports 6783-6785, and then forward to your ip :)

Ok. So you should have said. it is quite easy once you know about Port Fowarding. And how that doing that mess with the other computers on your network?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh I just did? I'm sure people know how to port forward? And if they don't I said I'd help them, (in the 3rd or 4th post). Are you just looking for an argument or something?

Its not like I have anything to do with splashtop, I was making forum members aware that it was on sale, wish I hadn't now! Jeez.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Uh I just did? I'm sure people know how to port forward? And if they don't I said I'd help them, (in the 3rd or 4th post). Are you just looking for an argument or something?

Its not like I have anything to do with splashtop, I was making forum members aware that it was on sale, wish I hadn't now! Jeez.

Calm boys! Don't get upset!

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Did I say you have links to Spalshtop?

You post that Splashtop is great. I have no problem with that. From my experience, I post that it isn't that easy to set up for 3G. I am expressing my view just like you expressed yours.

You seem to be a bit sensitive where this link to Splashtop is concerned.

Reaction score
So, I have one of those fancy modern Homehub 3's from BT for fiber-optics broadband and being so up-to-date does the router not have an option for specific port-forwarding, it only let's me choose a specific application, let's say ABC player to forward an IP address, but there is no way of entering a specific Port.

Am I out of luck?

Does anyone happen to know a common application, which uses the 6783-6785 ports?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
So, I have one of those fancy modern Homehub 3's from BT for fiber-optics broadband and being so up-to-date does the router not have an option for specific port-forwarding, it only let's me choose a specific application, let's say ABC player to forward an IP address, but there is no way of entering a specific Port.

Am I out of luck?

Does anyone happen to know a common application, which uses the 6783-6785 ports?

Lucky you! We Somerset country folk haven't got any hope of optic fibre with home hub 3, I've only got the 2 but I've put my name down for one!

Most reactions

Latest posts