What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop on sale today for $2.99

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help Ipadfreak69 can't get it up! It keeps telling me cannot connect to computer. Which Ip address should I be using there are 3?? ; )

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, ipadfreak69 here. Does anyone know if you can use Splashtop to apply online to different job postings and when you come to the section where it asks to upload a resume will the iPad be allowed to from your desktops computer files?? ; )

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Yes it can. It literally is using your desktop on your iPad. Your finger becomes the mouse.
Here is a screenshot of me updating my photo software and another of being on this forum.
If that's all you want to do icab browser allows file uploads from your iPad as well. I use it for uploading my resume to online job postings but that was before buying Splashtop

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306634148.509677.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306634148.509677.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 176
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306634182.008400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306634182.008400.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 174

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much Mark! I appreciate you. ;) This is what I have been after. I was hoping the iPad could do just about anything and it can. If there were flash, "a wet dream of mine", I would be complete. However I know that will never happen. I think we might be extinct when this occurs!! Ha

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Sending a photo via Outlook

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636077.753108.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636077.753108.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 160
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636119.727915.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636119.727915.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 165
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636135.522955.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636135.522955.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 170
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636152.597964.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306636152.597964.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 166

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! This app is cool. I am glad I caught the "memorial day sale" although something tells me that this app is worth the 9.99. Do you agree?

RNkitKat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app just made my day. Thanks for the notice!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! This app is cool. I am glad I caught the "memorial day sale" although something tells me that this app is worth the 9.99. Do you agree?

Yes - it's magic. I love the way you can connect to your PC from anywhere on the Internet without any complex port forwarding, firewall modifications or other bizarre stuff - just give it your gmail address and, somehow, it sorts it all out. Brilliant....

Tim

ipadfreak69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim, I haven't encountered the request to provide a g-mail address, does this simplify things even more....or just as an addendum??

Happy Memorial Day holiday!! : )

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Tim, I haven't encountered the request to provide a g-mail address, does this simplify things even more....or just as an addendum??

Are you just using Splashtop on your local WiFi network? If so, it doesn't need that information. But if you want to access your PC from outside your home - say from Starbucks on a WiFi hotspot, or using 3G, then you need to provide that information. It's in the Settings and Experimental Features side of Splashtop. You need to give the PC app your gmail address too for this to work. But if you're only going to use Splashtop at home, you don't need to do this extra step. But it's cool to be able to log into your PC when you're away from home and activate the webcam and see what's going on....

Tim
PS Happy Holiday to you too. It's a so-called 'Bank Holiday' in England, but in Scotland (where I am now) it's not a holiday..and it's pouring with rain......

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be kosher ?
For anyone who hasn't gotten it, a free alternative is always worth reading about I would think.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMG! This app is off the hook. I've been using Logmein for many years and even bought the Ignition app. Besides supporting audio, the interface is superior -- the display is near perfect and the mouse/tap response is almost like being on my laptop. No more searching for the cursor and coaxing it to the right place.

Best value I've gotten for .99 in years.

nicki8801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this app for .99 yesterday and think it is waaay cool, when my monitor went black I about had a heart attack but when my computer came onto my iPad I was shocked at how neat it looked. Could someone go into a little more explanation on how I use it away from my house on a different wi-fi. I took it to a local wi-fi place and it had the red x through the computer and I didn't know what to do. I'm not sure what you do with the settings and experimental place. Thanks

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are you just using Splashtop on your local WiFi network? If so, it doesn't need that information. But if you want to access your PC from outside your home - say from Starbucks on a WiFi hotspot, or using 3G, then you need to provide that information. It's in the Settings and Experimental Features side of Splashtop. You need to give the PC app your gmail address too for this to work. But if you're only going to use Splashtop at home, you don't need to do this extra step. But it's cool to be able to log into your PC when you're away from home and activate the webcam and see what's going on....

Tim
PS Happy Holiday to you too. It's a so-called 'Bank Holiday' in England, but in Scotland (where I am now) it's not a holiday..and it's pouring with rain......
Will Splashtop work if I am out of the country on vacation? If it does do I have to turn off my PC sleep mode and leave it awake all the time while I'm gone? I will have WiFi access. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts