What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SplashTop help please!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you get done changing the settings. You can test while at home by turning off wifi on your iPad, turning on 3G and trying to connect.

This is good to know! I don't feel like leaving again.

I will be back guys! Don't forget me.:D

Reaction score
What error are you getting away from home? Mine gives me "wrong password" until it connects.
Maybe we can mail it down by the error message

I hate computers. I hate all electronic things. All. Every single one.

Oh come on. You know you love your ipad ;)
It's 102 outside. It's 68 in my man cave. Where would I go?

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey! Mark, how do I delete ST from my computer here? It is still down on the right side. There is no option to delete it...

It is gone off my ipad now.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I re-installed app. It is running on my computer, here and connects just fine. So I thought I would try turning off wifi and using just the 3G and it does not connect.

:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under experimental settings you've got your gmail address and password inserted?
Check, on your ipad, to make sure that the ip address of your away jives with the ip address that the desktop shows as your Splashtop ip address and make sure the port number is the same. I did this on mine by turning my wifi off at home to check to see if it would connect to 3g.
Also on away it also took several tries before it connected once the ipad found my computer.
You might have to manually add your desktop on the ipad. On the Splashtop home screen tap the + and add the credentials
On the ipad main Splashtop screen, upper right, the*symbol, internet discovery, is that stating "signed in"?

All this is correct and done, Mark. Gotta Plan B?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess what?

It worked!

I had to check mark Internet Discovery and sign into Google again, on a different screen.

Thanks, Mark, Info and Rog! I love you guys! I would never have thought to try connecting on 3G.

Now I have to remember to keep my flash drive in my computer!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Guess what?

It worked!

I had to check mark Internet Discovery and sign into Google again, on a different screen.

Thanks, Mark, Info and Rog! I love you guys! I would never have thought to try connecting on 3G.

Now I have to remember to keep my flash drive in my computer!

Excellent!!! Finally. I hope you like computers again. ;)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ I'm out in the field and need to access my desktop, but Splashtop is asking me for my security code. What the hell is that?

So annoyed!:mad:

Reaction score
Should be your password set up by you when you did the remote access setup on the desktop. I'm wondering why it didn't remember it.
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts