What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spirit jailbreak with Parallels

Hogben45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question and have searched to the end of the internet with no answers...

My scenario: i have 3.2 firmware (waited too long to backup shsh), iTunes 9.2 (I know, didn't read up online first).

My thoughts: is it possible to download the latest fix of spirit for windows and run it within XP using Parallels, but iTunes within Mac OSX?

Would there be any syncing problems with iTunes afterwards? I would rather not downgrade iTunes at the moment, just seems like a big hassle.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your thoughts on this!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
windows in parallels wont talk to the mac itunes.
you can try running the spirit jb for windows along with itunes 9.2 both in windows.

No idea if it will work or not. worst that can happen is that you will have to restore you ipad to 3.2.1 and wait a day or two for the new spirit jailbreak.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you just download spirit and then plug your ipad in, let itunes launch and recognize it, open spirit, close itunes, click the button in spirit, frolic in a field with your new jailbroken iPad.

OP
H

Hogben45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I am using iTunes 9.2 on a mac, and as far as I know, Spirit is not compatable (please prove me wrong).

@ muyoso: I understand the process, I am questioning compatability issues. Have you jailbroken with 9.2 on a mac?

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I am using iTunes 9.2 on a mac, and as far as I know, Spirit is not compatable (please prove me wrong).

@ muyoso: I understand the process, I am questioning compatability issues. Have you jailbroken with 9.2 on a mac?

I'll prove ya wrong. Lol. You can download sprit for mac

OP
H

Hogben45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies.

I have searched all over the place guess I didnt look hard enough. Could you be so kind to direct me to a link, site, etc...? Thanks alot!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too ..... for the moment the part of me that says "don't do it" is winning! I've done a jailbreak on my Apple TV and the constant cat and mouse with updates is tiresome.

OP
H

Hogben45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Timmah, I appreciate the help, but, as stated earlier, im on a mac, with iTunes 9.2...Back to square one.

Most reactions

Latest posts