What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider web screen

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday, turned on my ipad and noticed a rainbow on the screen. I looked at it from the side and the screen had spiderwebbed like a car windshield does when it gets hit by a rock .
I had never dropped it, thrown it, beaten on it or anything dropped onto it.
I took it back to Target and they exchanged it no problem, said it should not have done that. I'm a long time friend of the manager and she knows I protect my gadgets so she knew I was telling the truth.
They were out of the 16gb wifi only so they let me pay the difference toward a 3g model.
I've never seen , or read about, anything by Apple doing this so I have no idea what caused it.
Ipad 1, no jailbreak,2 weeks old.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

S65AMG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be a manufacturing defect? My friend had a similar problem before.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. Could you feel the spiderweb or was in more like inside?

Yes - it would be interesting to know whether it was on the outer (Corning 'Gorilla' glass) or on the inner screen...that outer screen is pretty tough - witness the Forum members who have dropped their iPads and suffered no problems.

I'm glad you were able to get it resolved to your satisfaction!!

Thanks for letting us know - it might 'cheer up' anyone else who has this problem and who is reticent to return it to the store...

Tim
Scotland

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Interesting. Could you feel the spiderweb or was in more like inside?
I could feel where where the rainbow was, felt like a deep gouge but the rest of the web I couldn't feel.
At first I thought maybe something was on the screen so I rubbed it with my finger nail and felt the gouge like spot then looked from the side and it was more than just that one spot, though I couldn't feel the rest.
Corning huh? I've had a couple of their Visionware pots do that as well over the years but I attributed that to maybe a small chip in the wrong part of the crystal structure and they were years old when they exploded (best way to describe it as crap flew all over) on the stove. I've gotten rid of all my Visionware because of it and now having a small child in the home

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

Most reactions

Latest posts