Spent all night and early morning and cydia will not stop crashing.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by willowzxx, Nov 15, 2011.

1. willowzxx

willowzxx iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I update my
    No external links, please.

one from 5.0 with redsnow to 5.0.1. For the purpose of using itunes match. So everything seemed like it was going fine. I got the usual white cydia app at the end of the install. So i rebooted like normal. The brown icon of course came up. This is where it wall went wrong. The cydia icon would constantly crash. never allowing me inside. So I tried snowbreeze and it did the exact same thing. I restored and did everything I could think of. Including going back to redsnow. that got even worse in that the white icon never went away when going back. So im at a point that no matter what I do i cant fully jailbreak it on 5.0.1. Any ideas
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  2. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    using redsnow 0.9.9b8, you have to "select IPSW" 5.0 .ipsw(not 5.0.1) as the .ipsw,..... to jailbreak.... and select 5.0 again(it matters) to boot tethered when jailboken.

[​IMG]
  3. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    but i have reasonable doubt, that you are not choosing "boot tethered now", in the first place.
  4. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  5. willowzxx

willowzxx iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm big on not giving up. So I started watching videos. Come to fined out I wasn't re-adding the ipsw when doing the tethered boot. So you where pretty much right on what I was doing wrong thanks. By the way what outside
    Link did I post. I'm wracking my brain to know what the mod action was about.
  6. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,841 / 0
    It provided a link to another iPad-related forum, which is against the forum rules (#8 in the rules link in my signature).

And yes, if you are on 5.0.1, you must point redsn0w at the 5.0 IPSW every time before you click the button for re-booting the iPad. Redsn0w isn't updated yet for 5.0.1, though we are lucky it works...

Marilyn
  7. willowzxx

willowzxx iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I figured out what happened. I copied the post from another forum. No one seemed to ever respond over there so I posted here. I must have copied something from there by mistake. I do appreciate the help. Sorry for the link.