What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spelling, sentence builder type app

seriescb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need an app for my 70 yo mom who is new to computers in general and her Ipad 3. She has no problem reading emails, but she is reluctant to send them because she can't write very well and her spelling is terrible. She was born and raised in The Netherlands, so english is not her first language. Does anyone know of an app that would be helpful to someone in her situation?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
seriescb3 said:
I need an app for my 70 yo mom who is new to computers in general and her Ipad 3. She has no problem reading emails, but she is reluctant to send them because she can't write very well and her spelling is terrible. She was born and raised in The Netherlands, so english is not her first language. Does anyone know of an app that would be helpful to someone in her situation?

This is what Google Translate did with your post. I recommend it. by the way, I do not speak Dutch.

Ik heb een app voor mijn 70 jaar moeder die nieuw is voor computers in het algemeen en haar Ipad 3. Ze heeft geen probleem met het lezen e-mails, maar ze is terughoudend om ze te sturen omdat ze niet kan schrijven zeer goed en haar spelling is verschrikkelijk. Ze is geboren en getogen in Nederland, dus engels is niet haar eerste taal is. Weet iemand van een app die nuttig zou zijn om iemand in haar?

Google Translate is part of the Google package available from the app store, and is free. It is also available as a standalone program, and can speak your translated sentences.

You might also set up her iPad with the Dutch keyboard so that it spell checks for her before she translates the sentence into English for pasting. To do this go to Settings/General/Keyboard/International Keyboards/Add...

Last edited:

Most reactions