What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spelling Auto-correct Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to make an iPad/iPhone stop correcting or capitalizing certain words? For instance, when texting or talking to my girlfriend on IM and I type "Hey hun, what are you up to?" It always capitalizes the word hun. This is a a minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less. Anyone have any solutions?

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but all I see is either on or off. All Im wanting is to be able to somehow get the iPad to never correct certain words I type.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not gonna find that option...if you jailbreak you can get a sbsetting button for auto correct.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am jail broken and already have sbsetting installed...is the button you're referring to a separate install?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah just search for sbsettings autocorrect....there are a ton of sbsettings buttons you can download.

CaMaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that when i write something and it autocorrects, i then backspace and type it again the way i wanted it... it then learns the word and the next time i don't have a problem with it. For instance it now knows that i liker to write yooooooooo and it offers it as an autocomplete.

I just typed Yoat and it auto corrected it to Goat... i backspaced and typed Yoat again and it stayed.... I then typed yoa and it offered Yoat and an autocomplete!! i think this will fix your problem.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to for words, but not on not capitalizing certain words...it doesn't remember that I don't want them capitalized, the "hun" being the main one.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just typed Yoat and it auto corrected it to Goat... i backspaced and typed Yoat again and it stayed.... I then typed yoa and it offered Yoat and an autocomplete!! i think this will fix your problem.
OK, now I gotta know... what's a yoat? A cross between a yacht and a boat?

Darian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll carry on this question...

I can't find info anywhere on how to add words to the dictionary.
All I'd like to do is add my name 'Darian' since auto correct keeps changing it to 'drain'.

I'm not able to jailbreak this iPad as it belongs to my work.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks a bunch :)

Drain

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue and find it's a pain. However I am still using the original Ipad OS so I could JailBreak it and that would solve it.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Darian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Hal for taking the time to look! Alas, it did not work for me, must only be for iPhone's?

It's more of an annoyance then a problem, I'm just surprised it's not an easy fix.

Darian

Most reactions

Latest posts