What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcheck

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Txs for. The in depth explanation . It's the predictive text I like CUZ when u tap it, it finishes word for U, I think I have both that and spellcheck turned on. What I don't like is the capping of U and CUZ when I don't need it, is that from spellcheck?
Also don't know why I'm getting so many periods, making the next word capped.. What causes that? Just since ios8!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you look at the other keyboard settings (same place as auto-correct and spelling) you'll see an auto-caps option. This automatically capitalizes the first word of a sentence, proper names, and acronyms. The last two depend on whether it detects them or not.

Another settings is the '.' shortcut. This causes the keyboard to insert a period if you enter two spaces in a row. It's meant to be a quick way to end sentences, instead of searching for the harder to hit period key.

Both can be turned off.

Settings > General > Keyboard

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ts again but I've been having a different problem. The period seems to insert itself so often and don't know what's causing this. Any idea what I'm doing to cause it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try turning that feature off in the settings and see if it helps. If it does, then you are probably entering double spaces by accident. How? I don't know. But all turning it off will do is force you to enter the period when you need one. Not a huge inconvenience.

Most reactions

Latest posts