1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Spell Checker App For iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jim dandy, Mar 16, 2014.

1. jim dandy

jim dandy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello,

I would like to install a very good spell checker app for my ipad. Would someone kindly recommend one.

Thanks.............Mark
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,982 / 1
    I don't know an app, sorry!
    This feature is available in your settings, just in case you want to use it:

image-4079059650.jpg
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,026 / 1
    The only all around (works most places) spell checker available for iOS is the native one that Johanna pointed out. It's up to the apps you use to support it. Some apps will only use spell checker if you turn it on inside that app; like Pages. Other's use the general settings.

I keep a dictionary app on the iPad for those instances that the built in dictionary and spell checker are inadequate. It's not convenient to use, but as iOS has improved I've needed it less and less.