What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed on AT&T vs Verizon - Which is Faster?

FrankP99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which is faster on the IPAD 2- AT&T or Verizon? I have both in my area and want to decide only on speed. WHICH IS FASTER?

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reviews I've been reading with speed tests on the iphone 4 have always said AT&T was fastest. IF you don't live in the areas with terrible reception!!

brianlee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Initial Speed Test

If your looking for a short answer, AT&T's 3G network is definitely much faster. This is IF signal strength is sufficiently strong for both carriers. Verizon seems to get more coverage where there usually is none. If you had to settle between the two and signal strength is about the same, go with AT&T.

AT&T's network is built on UMTS 3G which is faster. Verizon's is built on CDMA 3G. I've been using OOKLA to speed test the Verizon iPad 2 and my AT&T iPhone 4 simultaneously at numerous locations on 3G in the San Francisco Bay Area. The result? AT&T is a lot faster.

I'm going to perform a more thorough test when the AT&T iPad 2 gets delivered and then I'll return the slower unit back to Apple. I'll tell you what I find.

Brian

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts