What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speculation Mounts that the iPad 2 Will Launch in US on April 2nd or 9th

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad2.jpg

MacRumors reports today on a story on a German website, MacNotes.de, that says that it has been tipped off by reliable sources that the iPad 2 will be launched in the US on either April 2nd or 9th. The report says that as with the launch of the first iPad in 2010, the next-gen iPad will be on sale in the US for at least three months before the first wave of international launches in July 2011. The sources also say that only Apple will be selling the iPad 2 for possibly the first six months after launch, with other retailers not getting their hands on stocks until October. The German site also lists some of the iPad 2’s specs, most of which we’ve heard about already (two cameras, Retina Display, etc), although it also mentions a USB port, which might surprise many. Apparently the iPad 2's Retina Display will not have as high a pixel density as the iPhone 4’s.

Source: Next-Generation iPad to Launch in the U.S. on April 2nd or 9th? - Mac Rumors

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see the benefits of only releasing it in America before everywhere else. Does anyone have any idea why they would do this?.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
supply and demand. Also, the whole apple exclusive for 6 months thing...is BS. I hate apple care and prefer best buys warranty that protects against EVERYTHING.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit academic anyhow - there will be plenty of grey imports available in the UK at least, and I've never heard of an apple store in the UK turning anyone away if presented with a grey for warranty work. That said, it is a little annoying - but there were markets that only got the 1st Gen iPad a few months back.

Slightly ironic though that the London has the largest Apple store in the world, yet it sometimes feels like were second class customers when it comes to new hardware being released!

Tabletpcvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree 512mb of ram space would be awesome. If the iPad 2 had this RAM size, it would dramatically shortened loading times and reduced crashes. Which seems to be happening far to often for my liken...

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see the benefits of only releasing it in America before everywhere else. Does anyone have any idea why they would do this?.

Because they are an American company. It's not anything against any other countries, it's just the "take care of your own first" philosophy.

Kendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Naah. I disagree. I think Apple have thought about it and it make sense. Try the new one out one the Americans. Then we can iron out the faults and only annoy the Americans. That way our British customers won't have any issues, as they are most important customers to us.

Tabletpcvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has to do something about the price of the iPad, with both the Nook and Kindle being under $200, consumers are sometimes willing to sacrifice functionality for price...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has to do something about the price of the iPad, with both the Nook and Kindle being under $200, consumers are sometimes willing to sacrifice functionality for price...:confused:

Nook and Kindle are NOT Tablets. No comparison there...

Most reactions

Latest posts