What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specifics to fully take advantage of 4.2

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about some of you iPad geeks out there giving some of us newbies some hints to taking full advantage of the new 4.2 iOS. If you could post all of your suggestions right here, perhaps the moderator could make this post a sticky. I for one don't have a clue as how to start to take advantage of what features are there nor how to access them... Like setting up new folders

Jer .. Of the jerliz duo

Gary_P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about read the manual?

Manual? What manual? You guys got a manual? I knew I got scammed.

I find it ironic that when I buy a laptop, PC or a new toaster it comes with 8 various manuals and guides, all of which I immediately discard and find useless. I buy an iPad and get no manual and immediately curse them for not including a book of biblical porportions.

Ironic or just an attitude?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can see a preview of the cool new things in our iOS 4.2.1 Video FAQ (see my sig)

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I find it ironic that when I buy a laptop, PC or a new toaster it comes with 8 various manuals and guides, all of which I immediately discard and find useless. I buy an iPad and get no manual and immediately curse them for not including a book of biblical porportions.

Apparently just attitude. If you look at the default bookmarks in Safari you will see the user guide right there. And being the helpful sort, here it is right here.

http://help.apple.com/ipad/4/interface/

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com

Apparently just attitude. If you look at the default bookmarks in Safari you will see the user guide right there. And being the helpful sort, here it is right here.

http://help.apple.com/ipad/4/interface/
Thanks wrecklass.

Machinecolxbox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe in the day and age of Google people request things! type in Os 4.2 features into Google and i'm pretty sure you will stumble across about a 1000 sites and 100 videos! Geeks Paradise.

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No thanks Simon. You can RTFM and then try to tell us what it says. Let me know when you give up.

The iPad is one of the most sophisticated computing platforms yet, despite it's seeming simplicity. Why would you not think to read the manual for it?

The laziness of some people astonishes me.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No thanks Simon. You can RTFM and then try to tell us what it says. Let me know when you give up.

The iPad is one of the most sophisticated computing platforms yet, despite it's seeming simplicity. Why would you not think to read the manual for it?

The laziness of some people astonishes me.

I disagree, the location of the rotation lock is hardly intuitive in iOS 4.2. Just one example of many.

Most reactions