What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers on iPad?

MacClanIII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have one yet...does it have built in sound or do you have to use headphones, or ear buds? I watched all the tutorial videos on the itunes site and they never mention speakers on the iPad.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have one yet...does it have built in sound or do you have to use headphones, or ear buds? I watched all the tutorial videos on the itunes site and they never mention speakers on the iPad.
becuase it is really hard to find speaker for ipad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does have built in speakers, earphones are not required.

OP
M

MacClanIII

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

I have never seen an iPad in person so I didn't know about the speakers. I am thinking about getting one...but would like to see what hardware changes may appear if I wait til next year to get one. :ipad-front:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have never seen an iPad in person so I didn't know about the speakers. I am thinking about getting one...but would like to see what hardware changes may appear if I wait til next year to get one. :ipad-front:

Why are you thinking of getting one? I would assume you have identified some requirement or need. If so, just list all you think you need from it and if it fulfills them all then buy one now - no need to to wait for features you may never use. It's a great device.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has decent speakers for what it is. I often listen to it instead of my car radio or in situations where there is nothing on broadcast radio stations. What is missing at this time, is speaker docks like for the iPods. That should be changing soon. The first models are already on the market.

Gabriel1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The speakers on the iPad are really good considering it's size, however, when I want a little bit more I hook mine up to my bluetooth speakers, works a treat.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing with regards to speaker docks and the iPad is to get a cheap bluetooth receiver that fits in the docking port on the speakers. This way you can use any ipod speaker dock with the iPad over Bluetooth - the one I got was called FIPO and around £10 delivered a while ago.
The alternative is to get an extender cable with male to female ipod connections which will allow you to connect to a dock - just be sure you get a cable that supports audio and not just power/data.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The speakers on the iPad are really good considering it's size, however, when I want a little bit more I hook mine up to my bluetooth speakers, works a treat.

I agree, bluetooth speakers are best for prolong listening. I always carry my spracht BT speakers with me on trips. For listening in hotel rooms the iPad built-in speakers don't cut it.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The speaker in the iPad is junk. It is in the wrong spot, too small. There should be one on each corner somehow. The ones in my nokia n800, almost 3 yr old tablet blow the iPad away.

Bluetooth is great idea, and I have heard good things about logitech's wireless iPod speaker s715

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The speaker in the iPad is junk. It is in the wrong spot, too small. There should be one on each corner somehow. The ones in my nokia n800, almost 3 yr old tablet blow the iPad away.

While I don't think the speaker in the iPad is adequate for serious music listening, I think it is a bit unfair to describe it as junk. It's more than adequate for You Tube viewing etc. imho but I would always use headphones or speakers for movies or music.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Sony mini/micro stereo in my office that my family bought me for fathers day years ago..... it plays cassettes and CDs. I use the aux jack to play music. The remote is very handy to control the volume when the phone rings or some one wants to talk.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a new iPad stand out, the PodDock 10 that charges, allows rotation and has some decent speakers in it. I may get interested in it when the price comes down from its lofty $100.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poddock 10 is an interesting idea but looks cheaply built.

For the price and size of the iPad, and the emphasis on media they clearly made, the speaker sucks. Actually it is amongst the worse speaker of any major handheld media device that I have used in years. I am just calling it as I see it.

Most reactions

Latest posts