What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get rid of spam using me email?

There is no facility on the iPad's native Mail app to filter spam - this has to be enabled on your service provider's email server. Most service providers these days provide effective spam filtering for users and they can usually be configured by you - this will depend upon the specific service provider that you have.

Tim

OP
A

aisherwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried emailing offending Spam to spam. This does not seem to make an difference, I am sill getting 20 spams per day.

OP
A

aisherwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is ok on a mac. But I use the iPad most of the time. Currently have to leave Mac on 24/7. Looking for a way round this?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is ok on a mac. But I use the iPad most of the time. Currently have to leave Mac on 24/7. Looking for a way round this?
Tim means that you should use the spam filter feature on your mail server, not your computer. If you don't know how to configure your mail server's settings, check your mail client or ISP's (broadband provider's) website or contact them directly. Most use SpamAssassin or something similar which has various levels that you can set as well as being able to specifically block certain email addresses, IP addresses, etc. That will filter your email long before it ever arrives on your computer or your iPad.

OP
A

aisherwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use me email. Apple do provide a filter when on Mac but spam arrives on my mac. I use spam sieve on the mac. Very effective but if the mac is off then spam arrives on the iPad. Apple don't seem top offer a filter especially on Cloud?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use me email. Apple do provide a filter when on Mac but spam arrives on my mac. I use spam sieve on the mac. Very effective but if the mac is off then spam arrives on the iPad. Apple don't seem top offer a filter especially on Cloud?
No, they don't. That's why we've said that you will need to enable or configure the email spam filter on your provider's mail server. That's the only way you're going to reduce (but probably never eliminate) spam coming to your iPad. See my post above.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do I find the spam filter on Apple Cloud email?
Okay, for the last time. :) There is no spam filter on iCloud Mail.

Please go back and read the previous posts. You will need to learn how to use the spam filter on your mail client. Contact your broadband provider or visit their website to find out more.

With that the questions have been answered (several times).

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts