What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam

mrsmopp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IF we can use Edit/ Delete All to clear trash, why doesn't it work for clearing the spam folder on Mail?
We have to select each one then delete - it's a pain when there are loads of spam emails to get rid of.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mrsmopp - I don't have an immediate answer for you, but just for starters, what email account are you using (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, or other(s)) - might help others to respond who are using the same account; BUT, Mail can be somewhat frustrating in not offering 'global' type removals in the various boxes - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Delete All for the Junk folder works in iOS 7 for iCloud, Yahoo, and Gmail accounts, last I checked. In iOS 6, it only worked for the iCloud account.

I suspect iOS 7 will work with most IMAP accounts, but have no way of testing this.

If you are on iOS 6, or this is not working for your account, your best bet is to get your provider's email app from the App Store (if available) or use the webmail site to delete your Spam/Junk mail on a regular basis.

If neither of those work, you'll either have to do it the hard way of selecting each email, or do it on a computer. Sorry.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome.

Did you find a solution for your problem? If you did, I'd like to know what you ended up doing. I get curious like that. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts