What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacing icons on screen as desired

chandru Arni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to space 2 icons by leaving a desired gap ( as I have a wallpaper carrying my name and address on it). I don't want ipad to automatically determine spacing without my control. Can I control this spacing. I can do this on my smart phone so why not here.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chandru Arni said:
I want to space 2 icons by leaving a desired gap ( as I have a wallpaper carrying my name and address on it). I don't want ipad to automatically determine spacing without my control. Can I control this spacing. I can do this on my smart phone so why not here.

You would only be able to do that with a jail broken iPad. The iPad operating system controls the icons and their spacing. Yes, I agree, it can be annoying. The icons start out in the top left and fill in toward the right before they wrap around to the second line and then the third line, etc.
I am guessing that your smart phone is not an iPhone?

OP
C

chandru Arni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This problem has been solved in the smart phone by using a transparent icon like iblank. This iblank is available for these phones but I don't think anyone has designed on for the ipad2. This enables one to see a part of the background.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This problem has been solved in the smart phone by using a transparent icon like iblank. This iblank is available for these phones but I don't think anyone has designed on for the ipad2. This enables one to see a part of the background.

While this is an excellent suggest - please be aware you can only get iBlank (to make transparent icons) if you are jail broken. As Fid says, you can only space icons if your iPad is jail broken. Sorry.

Just so you don't go looking for it to use with a stock iPad...

Marilyn

Most reactions