What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Florida - Ft. Lauderdale & Environs

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for another great travel story. Your stories give me more interesting information and pictures in one place than I could likely find anywhere else.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing me back to 'old home week' without putting any gas in the car. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Bob

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for another great travel story. Your stories give me more interesting information and pictures in one place than I could likely find anywhere else.

Hi again Scifan.. - Thanks for the comments and glad you're enjoying the 'illustrated' travel stories - you'll have to try to get down to Florida, especially in the middle of a Canadian winter - east or west coast both wonderful w/ plenty of options - sites, history, art, food, and great weather!

Thanks for bringing me back to 'old home week' without putting any gas in the car. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Hi Bob - well, we always enjoy ourselves in Florida - as mentioned previously, I've been going there for over 40 years, so probably at least three dozen or so visits - thinking about a return visit to Ft. Myers next spring - love the area w/ Sanibel & Captiva islands and the Darling Ding Wildlife Refuge - has probably been 5-6 years since our last visit there - remember a boat tour w/ a naturalist - had a bunch of dolphins trailing us for several hundred yards (thought that I had a pic on my computer but cannot find it at the moment). Dave :)

Last edited:

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you like wild nature, consider Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary if you get to Ft Myers. It's an Audubon park and it's fairly close to Ft.Myers. Like most Florida parks, it's best in the dry season (late winter, early spring depending on the year). http://corkscrew.audubon.org/

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you like wild nature, consider Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary if you get to Ft Myers. It's an Audubon park and it's fairly close to Ft.Myers. Like most Florida parks, it's best in the dry season (late winter, early spring depending on the year). http://corkscrew.audubon.org/

Hi Bob - checked your link and the location on my map app - quite convenient to Ft. Myers (we like a hotel on the water w/ a look at the bridge going to Sanibel Island) - if we go, then will be on our list for a day trip. Thanks for the recommendation. Dave :)

TJfranklin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I grew up just north of FtL, in Pompano Beach. I now live about 40 min north (in traffic). Im glad you enjoyed yourself.

Bob

It looks like I'll move to Pompano Beach soon. Have been there for a couple of times and I allwys loved it. There is these new Sabbia Beach Condos about to get built, were I will spend my retirement days, really looking forward to the good times ;) Just a few more years to go

OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It looks like I'll move to Pompano Beach soon. Have been there for a couple of times and I allwys loved it. There is these new Sabbia Beach Condos about to get built, were I will spend my retirement days, really looking forward to the good times ;) Just a few more years to go

Hello - good luck on your move and keep us 'up to date'! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts