Source Code Editor with FTP Open/Save

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by deckyon, Sep 22, 2010.

1. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am looking for a good editor that will allow me to download (via FTP), edit with syntax highlighting and upload (via FTP). I use the following languages the most often: VBS, VBA, HTML, ASP, JS, CSS, PHP, SQL, LUA. Others would be nice, or the ability to add in others at a later time.

On my desktop, I use UltraEdit to do this, and have for over 11 years. It does so much more than just that, but I use the FTP Open/Save more than any other function. I have been searching for an editor for the iPad that will allow the same thing.

I have looked in the App store, but have not found anything yet that will allow Syntax Highlighting and FTP Open/Edit/Save in the same app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am bumping this to see if there may be anyone who knows of such an app. I have seen some that look like they come close, however I dont want to spend the cash until I know for sure.

FTP Open/Save and Syntax Highlighting for at least VBS, VB, HTML, PHP, JS, CSS, XML would be key.

On my laptop I use Ultraedit (since version 3) and would love to see something similar.

3. Macmee

Macmee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in the same boat as you are. I bought mides ide and it is just awful. I would love to have a better ide for my iPad as well to code PHP in.