What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Source Code Editor with FTP Open/Save

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I am looking for a good editor that will allow me to download (via FTP), edit with syntax highlighting and upload (via FTP). I use the following languages the most often: VBS, VBA, HTML, ASP, JS, CSS, PHP, SQL, LUA. Others would be nice, or the ability to add in others at a later time.

On my desktop, I use UltraEdit to do this, and have for over 11 years. It does so much more than just that, but I use the FTP Open/Save more than any other function. I have been searching for an editor for the iPad that will allow the same thing.

I have looked in the App store, but have not found anything yet that will allow Syntax Highlighting and FTP Open/Edit/Save in the same app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
deckyon

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I am bumping this to see if there may be anyone who knows of such an app. I have seen some that look like they come close, however I dont want to spend the cash until I know for sure.

FTP Open/Save and Syntax Highlighting for at least VBS, VB, HTML, PHP, JS, CSS, XML would be key.

On my laptop I use Ultraedit (since version 3) and would love to see something similar.

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you are. I bought mides ide and it is just awful. I would love to have a better ide for my iPad as well to code PHP in.

Most reactions

Latest posts