What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounds

gurkin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some times when I switch on my IPad the sounds turn on as they are now when I touch the keyboard or any icon/app and when I turn it off it makes a load sound, If I reboot it clears it or turn it off and back on it clears it, I have the sounds turned off so I cannot understand why they come.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine started making sounds(keyboard clicks etc.) about a week ago - never done it before, I had to turn on the mute that I had never used before. It was odd.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends on your settings in Settings > Sounds.

If you have Change with Buttons turned on, then turning down the volume will affect all sounds on the iPad. If it is turned off, then alert and system sounds will be at the volume shown by the slider, no matter what the master volume of the iPad is set for. In that case you need to turn Mute on to silence thees sounds.

Mute is meant to 'just' silence system sounds and alert, while allowing most other apps (including music apps) to continue playing. It's handy for people in meetings, giving presentations, or other situation where they may want some sounds from apps to play, but not be interrupted by alerts, notification, or other system sounds.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on your settings in Settings > Sounds.

If you have Change with Buttons turned on, then turning down the volume will affect all sounds on the iPad. If it is turned off, then alert and system sounds will be at the volume shown by the slider, no matter what the master volume of the iPad is set for. In that case you need to turn Mute on to silence thees sounds.

Mute is meant to 'just' silence system sounds and alert, while allowing most other apps (including music apps) to continue playing. It's handy for people in meetings, giving presentations, or other situation where they may want some sounds from apps to play, but not be interrupted by alerts, notification, or other system sounds.

Ahh, must have happened when I switched my switch (???) from rotation lock to mute to try to save it wear and tear (I'm always locking and unlocking rotation) figuring I could 4-finger and slide to lock/unlock rather than operate the switch.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just blame it on the Gremlins. With the advance of mobile computing they've had to downsize the pen snatching department. I think one of the new 'experimental' departments involves changing settings on mobile devices.

Fortunately the largest department, socks, is still going strong and will probably not need to diversify.

Most reactions

Latest posts