What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soundless in NC

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions - check the Mute switch. Although it's only supposed to mute system sounds - such as new email etc - several Members have reported that, in some apps, it appears to mute the sound of that app too.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest completely powering the iPad down by pressing and holding the Power switch until the slider control appears and then accepting the offer to power down. When the screen's completely blank, press and hold the Power switch again until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad will power up.

See if this fixes the problem, if not, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Tim

Reaction score
Go into settings, iPod, make sure Sound Check is on. For whatever reason if it is not on apps have no volume.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Reaction score
Maybe you didn't do like I did and intentionally turn it off, forget you turned it off, all of a sudden all apps had no volume but didn't add 2+2, try every setting, reboot, restore , read threads, google search and then a few days later happened to be in the iPod settings and notice it was off, turned it back on just because i remember it being on the when i bought the ipad but never thought about being related, suddenly the volume was back on again? :)
true story of how I figured it out.

Support Our Troops!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are a brave and courageous man to admit it!! I thought it was because I was getting old, but have become adept at concealing my 'faux pas'....:(

Tim

Reaction score
Life is too precious and short to hide who you are and without trying you have made my life better by being a member of this forum
Anyway,b.o.t. ,I hope to hear back from the op so we can see if it fixed or time to go another route

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go into settings, iPod, make sure Sound Check is on. For whatever reason if it is not on apps have no volume.

Support Our Troops!

Strange, I've never turned Sound Check on. I wonder what other setting in combination with it is causing this.

Do you have volume limit or one of the equalizers on too?

Reaction score
Nope. All has been like in the photo except when I turned sound check off that one time

Support Our Troops!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307836355.904644.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307836355.904644.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 211

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I turn Sound Check ON, it makes things quieter. I guess I'll have to learn how this works...

Reaction score
Ummmmm I have no clue what is going on now. I turned Sound Check off and all is normal but I swear last time I turned it off my volume icon was GONE when I tapped the volume button, as in didn't show up on the screen at all, much less show muted or not, and everything but the music player was silent for days until I turned it back on. Then the icon came back as well.
I've upgraded to 4.3.3 since then is the only thing changed on the iPad.

Support Our Troops!

Last edited:

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like sound check uses iTunes predetermined volume levels when synced. So it could kill your sound, but I think it's only supposed to be for iPod playback. Have to play with it a bit more...

Most reactions