What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound volume control

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I reduce the sound via the external sound control and hold it down for more than 1/2 second it will go from full sound to zero sound. To reduce it one step at a time I have to mash the button one mash at a time. Is this normal? I bought it at Best Buy and they would probably make me return to Apple and I'd be without it till Apple sent it back. I can live with it the way it is. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Elminster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's wierd. Looks like it would go down in steps since it goes up in steps.

It is the mute function. It is very useful. I often want the volume to go from something to nothing instantly.

This will change in ios 4.2 when the screen lock button becomes the mute button, the screen lock function will be controlled from the touch pad. That will be even better. I usually have the volume set mid way or off, so that should let me switch between the two with a simple click of the button.

Most reactions

Latest posts