What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound recording & Bluetooth transfers

etonb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Regarding sound recording, is it possible to record sounds from any application? Something like "taking a snapshot of the audio"?

2. Is it possible at all to transfer files (namely pictures) from a phone to the iPad via bluetooth? In fact, what is the bluetooth useful for? I've tried different phone brands but they all turned out to be "incompatible" when trying to transfer pictures from them.

Thanks in advance,
EtonB.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Bluetooth transfer only works with some apps from one iOS device to another iOS device. The BT stack for file transfer is not available on the iPad or iPhone.

Another use I have for Bluetooth on the iPad is for tethering my iPhone 3GS ...

VicoPad addict!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1) Evernote is a free app that will do this. It lets you take text, photo, and audio notes. There are several apps besides it that can record audio.

2) PhotoSync will let you do bluetooth photo transfers from the iPhone to the iPad. You need the app on both devices. My Droid X would not pair completely with the iPad, and I have not heard of any other phone that will either.

One way around this is to get a DropBox account. DropBox is a cloud storage service that has apps for most phones and computer OS. You can upload and download photos, or just leave them there to view, as long as you have an internet connection. The free account gives you 2GB to play with.

In general Bluetooth on the iPad is for connecting Keyboards and some types of audio devices. It will work with most bluetooth stereo headphones and speakers, but has a spotty history with phone style headsets.

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Supported Bluetooth profiles
iPad: Using Bluetooth headsets and keyboards

OP
E

etonb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid I didn't explain myself correctly regarding sound recording. My question is if it is possible to, while playing a game, record a particular sound or song snippet?

OP
E

etonb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I don't feel like doing that anyways!

Most reactions

Latest posts