What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound on ipad

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to turn up the sound on my iPad ??? I have gone into sounds and it's at the end of the bar, has iPad only got one level of sound ??

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
murphy608 said:
Is there a way to turn up the sound on my iPad ??? I have gone into sounds and it's at the end of the bar, has iPad only got one level of sound ??

The iPhone speaker is quite basic and in mono.You'd have to use an external speaker system if you want stereo sound at a higher volume level.if you go to the Apple store app and look under iPad accessories for speakers,you will see several choices at different price levels.Many other sellers also supply aftermarket speakers for the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
murphy608

murphy608

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
The iPhone speaker is quite basic and in mono.You'd have to use an external speaker system if you want stereo sound at a higher volume level.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also use headphones.You have to watch the volume level,though as it's too easy to turn it up to a level that will harm your hearing.

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Chill Pill from Small Dog Electronic. Good sound and very portable.

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a portable Digital Sound Speaker for my iPad. So better to use a portable speaker for your iPad.

Ronaldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
murphy608 said:

Are you talking about your songs in iTunes or various YouTube clips? Songs coming out of my music library sound quite robust for an internal speaker. However, many YouTube clips sound volume is all over the place many very low.

If your looking for small external speakers, I heard an iPhone pumping out tunes using iHome mini rechargeable speakers and I was quite impressed.
Do a search for them.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah i am also not satisfied with the sound level of my iPad. It seems very low.So that i am also using headphones and it's better.

Reaction score
Here's how you turn up your iPad

•look on the side of your iPad
•find the long black line on the side
•that is the volume bar
•push the top of the bar to turn volume up and push the bottom of the bar to turn it down

Hope this helped :)

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sonia ferdous said:
Yeah i am also not satisfied with the sound level of my iPad. It seems very low.So that i am also using headphones and it's better.

I use my iPad at work to listen to the radio and have no problems with volume (no speakers or headphones attached). In fact I have to turn it right down so as not to disturb other workers :)

WyndhamMisio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fun workaround to improve the sound from an iPad

Here is a fun workaround to improve the sound from an iPad. I know it looks rather bizarre, but give it a try. (Look at the top right hand corner of the iPad in the picture in case you missed it).

This one is a calling card or tube/metro pass holder, but you can use anything; empty cassette case (etc) - try holding your hand behind the speaker and you will see.

It's not ideal obviously :)

2012-07-02 13.16.34-medium.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Various companies have produced devices that clip onto the iPad and direct the sound towards the front,increasing the apparent volume.

Most reactions

Latest posts