What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound icon

Loves to smile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sound icon does not go away. I am holding the home button and on button simultaneously. When it reboots the icon remains in the center of my screen. Help please.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
L

Loves to smile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. For now the darn thing is gone. This happens frequently. From the numerous posts it seems to Be a common issue.
Just purchased a new Ipad. Will this problem be less?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. For now the darn thing is gone. This happens frequently. From the numerous posts it seems to Be a common issue.
Just purchased a new Ipad. Will this problem be less?

Sorry, I'm not quite sure about what you're asking.
If you're new to Apple products, you'll need a little bit of time to get used to your device.

OP
L

Loves to smile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am asking if this is a common problem for the newer generation Ipad 3 ect. This sound icon reappearing has been a frequent issue
For me. What causes the icon to pop up? Other than that I have had no trouble with my Ipad 2.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am asking if this is a common problem for the newer generation Ipad 3 ect. This sound icon reappearing has been a frequent issue
For me. What causes the icon to pop up? Other than that I have had no trouble with my Ipad 2.

I own an iPad 3 and had an iPad 2, but never faced this problem before.
Sometimes this icon pops up because there's something wrong with the volume button, as you may have seen in the link I provided. There might be other reasons as well, that I'm not aware of.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

No, this is not a common problem although we have seen it a few times here. I think it may be caused from people stowing their iPads in bags etc. the sound bar may be pushed on to something else and get jammed. Just my thoughts here!

Enjoy your iPad and the Forum!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad forums Loves to smile, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 298,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum. We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app.iPad Forums App Tutorial We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Most reactions