What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorting out photos

melissa lim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I've about 5000 photos in my PC, which i separate them into folders & numbering them accordingly. However when i sync my photos to my ipad, all the photos are not sort out according to the numbering.
I've Photo-sort apps to help me out on this , however it is a tedius task to find the photos in photo library coz the photos are all jumble up in the photo library.

Also, does anyone know of any apps better than photo-sorts?
Photo-sorts solve most of my problem...creating folders, subfoldres & etc, however it is a bit slow when presenting from one picture to another...

Please help:D

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the camera kit.. Like to know how to separate photos too in the ipad

tinodevoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just got an ipad the other day for the main purpose of using it to display photos for my clients.

several issues with this device so far, the biggest and i'm seriously thinking of returning the ipad for this reason, is that there's no option to sort photos.

from what i've read so far and i've tested myself, is the ipad sorts based on date taken, nothing else. the only way to change for PC users is to go into each file and change the date manually. pretty much impossible when you're dealing with hundreds if not thousands of photos.

mac users can apparently use iphoto and it organizes in a way the ipad can recognize. Not an option for me and i'm not paying for a new computer just to get my ipad to work properly.

the only option i'm hoping to find which i've had no luck, is an app for my pc that allows batch renaming of the date info for the photos. A program that will change each photo's time info sequentially so that the ipad will think that the photos were taken one after another.

so far nothing like this out there. if anyone knows of an app that can do this please let us know!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately You Have To Start At The Source

I also bought the iPad to display photos. I have two ways to get photos into the iPad: the fastest way is with the camera connection kit--plugging my camera directly into the iPad and choosing the photos I want on my device. The native photo app will organize all of the photos as events--in this method, you can see all the photos in one stack that I took on any given day. The only thing you can do on the iPad with the photos is to delete unwanted ones for whatever reason.

The second way is to create on your computer a folder, I've titled this folder 'ipad'. I can find this folder easily in Win7. Within the iPad folder, I created subfolders such as: "Party". After post processing the photos I took at a party (I store my raw files in an archive folder, and the finished photos, the keepers get saved in another folder, in this case "Party"). All the photos I want to display on my iPad are placed in this folder.

After I have done this to all the photos, arranging each one in a discreet, subject specific file, I launch iTunes and sync these folders to my iPad. In the native photo app, all of these photos appear in Albums on the iPad.

I have not yet taken the extra step of buying apps that appear to enable you to edit a photo on the iPad because I view the iPad as an end point. I already edit my photos at the source I don't have to do this on a consumer device such as the iPad. I take a lot of time creating, editing photos. When I present my work, I want only the best displayed on my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts