What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorting Excel Documents Within Ipad

SCDSeannydj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been searching for a way to sort my Excel documents within my iPad and have had little succuss. I hear that you might be able to do so with "Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite" but I have not tried yet. Anybody know if this is possible to do within the iPad? Just to be perfectly clear what I am looking for it would be something that takes a column that looks like this:

and turns it into:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple's Numbers will sort.

But it actually converts between it's own format and Excel's when importing and exporting. Not a problem (or much of one) for one time transfers, but if you're going to keep passing the worksheet back and forth between MS Office (or compatible) and Apple's iWorks apps errors are likely to accumulate.

Afraid that's all I know on the subject. While there are quite a few other decent Office Compatible apps, I'm not familiar with the feature sets.

If you don't mind only being able to work with an internet connection, you might try CloudOn or OnLive. These offer actual Office apps run on a remote server. You also need DropBox or an other cloud file service to transfer files between the app/service and your computer and/or iPad.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

I have been searching for a way to sort my Excel documents within my iPad and have had little succuss. I hear that you might be able to do so with "Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite" but I have not tried yet. Anybody know if this is possible to do within the iPad? Just to be perfectly clear what I am looking for it would be something that takes a column that looks like this:

and turns it into:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I just tried it with Docs To Go, and it worked.
You simply highlight the range and tap on the tools button, a pop up with sorting choices appears and it is done.

Knut

Most reactions

Latest posts