1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Sorting Excel Documents Within Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by SCDSeannydj, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SCDSeannydj

SCDSeannydj iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All,

I have been searching for a way to sort my Excel documents within my iPad and have had little succuss. I hear that you might be able to do so with "Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite" but I have not tried yet. Anybody know if this is possible to do within the iPad? Just to be perfectly clear what I am looking for it would be something that takes a column that looks like this:

and turns it into:

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001 / 1
    Apple's Numbers will sort.

But it actually converts between it's own format and Excel's when importing and exporting. Not a problem (or much of one) for one time transfers, but if you're going to keep passing the worksheet back and forth between MS Office (or compatible) and Apple's iWorks apps errors are likely to accumulate.

Afraid that's all I know on the subject. While there are quite a few other decent Office Compatible apps, I'm not familiar with the feature sets.

If you don't mind only being able to work with an internet connection, you might try CloudOn or OnLive. These offer actual Office apps run on a remote server. You also need DropBox or an other cloud file service to transfer files between the app/service and your computer and/or iPad.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kricke

Kricke iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I just tried it with Docs To Go, and it worked.
    You simply highlight the range and tap on the tools button, a pop up with sorting choices appears and it is done.

Knut
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SCDSeannydj

SCDSeannydj iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys, Docs To Go definitely does work!