What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry - there was a 3rd question.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After recently purchasing a game for my wife, I happened across two other games that were 'FREE'. However, when I clicked on the download button for each, I received information on buying it. I traveled no further with this, but sure would have liked to have put a couple more games on my IPad. Has anyone else had this experience?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps have a free or "lite" version of the app which is essentially the same as the paid version. The difference is usually that the free version may have advertising or may not have all of the capabilities of the paid version.

This is usually done so you can check out the app and see if you like it before paying money for the "real" version. Personally, I wish more app developers would do this!

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some apps have a free or "lite" version of the app which is essentially the same as the paid version. The difference is usually that the free version may have advertising or may not have all of the capabilities of the paid version.

This is usually done so you can check out the app and see if you like it before paying money for the "real" version. Personally, I wish more app developers would do this!

Thanks.

Reaction score
iTunes always asks whether you want to buy an app, even when it is free. Slightly irritating at first, but if the price is set to Free, it will not cost any money, the password request is then simply there to authorize the download.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes always asks whether you want to buy an app, even when it is free. Slightly irritating at first, but if the price is set to Free, it will not cost any money, the password request is then simply there to authorize the download.

I do appreciate this, from you. Thanks.

Most reactions