What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony Launches Crackle iPad and iPhone App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
crackle.JPG

Cult of Mac reports that Sony has just released an iOS app for its Crackle video service. The Crackle website, at Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series, already shows free movies and TV shows, and the iPad and iPhone app does exactly the same thing, and is also free. The web-based service was previously inaccessible to iPad and iPhone users because it's Flash-based, but now with the app installed you can download such movies as The Da Vinci Code, Big Daddy and Ghostbusters completely free over both Wi-Fi and 3G. The content is supported by ads, and also includes entire TV series. While it’s true that the selection of films on offer at launch isn’t that exciting, you might find the odd gem in there, like I did with a Jackie Chan film I hadn't seen, and the fact that you can instantly watch classics like Mad About You, Starsky & Hutch and Bewitched on your iPad, as well as animated series such as The Jackie Chan Adventures, makes it well worth downloading as a great way of catching up on some old favourites. Unsurprisingly, Crackle has already gone straight to Number 1 in the Top Free Apps iTunes chart for iPad in the US and the UK.

Click here to download the free app: Crackle for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Sony’s ‘Crackle’ App Hits the App Store – Download Now | Cult of Mac

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard already that the app "GPS Stalks" you by asking for permission to locate and continuing to do so even when the app is closed. I'm not trying to squash the excitement, just wondering what people think and what their experience has been?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Works fine, and I disabled Location for this app. I used it for a movie and 2 shows last night. The player is as good as the Netflix player is with the adds of Hulu (free). My only real want is for AirPlay to be enabled for it so I can watch it on my ATV2.

hapishap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
Works fine, and I disabled Location for this app. I used it for a movie and 2 shows last night. The player is as good as the Netflix player is with the adds of Hulu (free). My only real want is for AirPlay to be enabled for it so I can watch it on my ATV2.

How did you disable Location for the app? I can't seem to see that anywhere.

TF

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Somerled said:

TF
Settings>Location Services
Scroll down to Crackle

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hapishap said:

TF

When I first accessed the application one of the questions was "Would you like to use your current location?" I just chose "No".

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

jacarebr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No sound

the commercials before the movies are OK ( with sound ) . when the movie starts , no sound ... anybody having the same problem ?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tried to use this app and had the same audio problem. Sound for adds but no sound when trying to watch a movie or a TV show. WTH!

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
I just tried to use this app and had the same audio problem. Sound for adds but no sound when trying to watch a movie or a TV show. WTH!

No sound for me either on feature, ad did have sound:(

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded this app, but the app could not get connection to server, so will try again

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

Oltrelogo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Fine works, I tried to use it on my pad. The player is very good.[/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts