What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes no sound

jsande7828

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad just started acting up. If I try to play a video through an external link on Facebook, I get no audio. If I go to YouTube, I have sound. I've tried updating all associated apps, but nothing seems to help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you have not muted the iPad. This will be either the side switch or an icon in the Control Panel; depending on your settings in Settings > General > Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation / Mute.

That's for iOS 7. If you are using earlier versions of iOS the controls and settings will be a bit different, but do the same thing.

Muting the iPad is not the same as turning off all sound. It is supposed to prevent alarms, alerts, ringtones, and other systems sounds that could potentially interrupt a meeting or be socially awkward in certain environments. It will not normally stop sound from playing in music, games, or most other apps; though this is up to the developer.

Last edited:

Most reactions