What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something isn't right

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marking your words.

However, I doubt that Apple will ever include an SD slot. It just doesn't fit to their philosophy of keeping the device simple.

It also doesn't fit into their philosophy is charging you a buttload of cash for higher capacity devices. The profit margins are almost exponential when you look at capacity upgrades on Apple devices.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple was dishonest about that camera , not publishing the megapix data, that is sleazy.
I was going to buy the iPad 2, I am writing this on my iPad 1, but not now. I am very pissed about the way they tried to misdirect about the camera quality.
I think they wanted to put a lot more into this iPad but for various reasons it didn't happen . Instead of delaying it, they put this version of the iPad 2 up . I Think they felt pressure to get it out there because of the xoom. Here is what will happen , in September they will release the real iPad 2 ( this one is the iPad 1.5) the September version will have all the goodies retina display, 5 mp camera, 1GB ram and sd card slot. So everyone hold off buying the 1.5 . Wait till September. Mark my words. This is just an upgrade to dampen the effect of the xoom.
Personally, I would never be using a device as large as an iPad as any kind of everyday camera. I think anyone running around using it that like that would look kinda foolish... so for the purposes of facetime and iMovie I think the cameras will be fine.

And the idea that they felt "pressure" and that is why the iPad 2 was released now is equally foolish: it is the typical Apple yearly update. Nothing more.

Finally, if you are expecting the iPad 3 this September.... forget it. Won't be till next year.

Michael

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh - huh

Can you Explain why they did not include the ram or camera specs in their litrature?
I have a .96 megapixel camera to sell you, along with a bridge.

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lennywc said:
Can you Explain why they did not include the ram or camera specs in their litrature?

Lol dude take a moment to think.
Did apple mention the amount of ram at iphone 2,3g,3gs or 4 launch no! Nor did they say anything about the ram in the ipad 1. Everything you know about these specs comes from people who have torn down these devices.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What, you wanna jump off a bridge because of this mass conspiracy to deprive you of this life-or-death information? The camera is not good.... it's been reported all over the place. They said it was 720p.... what part of that are you not getting? It's not 10, not 8.... not even a 4 megapixel camera.

As far as RAM.... pretty much looks like 512mb and it's on-die RAM so can't be directly compared to DRAM as used in other tabs. That said, I'm sure all of the people who actually used the iPad 2 yesterday, and reported how very fast it was, would have never said that had they known it only had 512M ram.... too funny to take seriously.

Michael

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was stated from the get go what the specs were on the iPad 2. The specs are posted on the iPad 2 site at Apple. They are the same as the iPad Touch, so its likely the same cameras. Cheap cameras, but high end photography is not needed for FaceTime and I really doubt the usefulness of taking pictures with the iPad. Expect the cameras to get better over the future generations, but not in any speedy fashion. The RAM is reported to be 512, but also goes from LPDDR1 to LPDDR2. This means that it not only double the RAM, but also faster. The problem with tech specs is that few people know what they mean. My take is that the report means that Apple can do with 512MB what others are doing with 1GB slower processors. It is like Ford pickups, you can get an F150 with a 5L V8, or pay more and get it with the 3.5L V6. At first glance, the V8 would be the better choice, but the V6 is twin turboed. It puts out the same horsepower, more torque at low end, and gets better gas mileage.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was stated from the get go what the specs were on the iPad 2. The specs are posted on the iPad 2 site at Apple. They are the same as the iPad Touch, so its likely the same cameras. Cheap cameras, but high end photography is not needed for FaceTime and I really doubt the usefulness of taking pictures with the iPad. Expect the cameras to get better over the future generations, but not in any speedy fashion. The RAM is reported to be 512, but also goes from LPDDR1 to LPDDR2. This means that it not only double the RAM, but also faster. The problem with tech specs is that few people know what they mean. My take is that the report means that Apple can do with 512MB what others are doing with 1GB slower processors. It is like Ford pickups, you can get an F150 with a 5L V8, or pay more and get it with the 3.5L V6. At first glance, the V8 would be the better choice, but the V6 is twin turboed. It puts out the same horsepower, more torque at low end, and gets better gas mileage.
U on a roll. Great point!

Most reactions