What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something is wrong with my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Poet! So...what do you think? I was wondering where you were. I have been checking it all day and it is fine now.

I think you've found the problem, Of course only time will tell, but I'll cross my metaphorical fingers for you. :)

Every once in a while I find something to do, other than hang at the forum. I know, I know, what could be that important. ;)

Yesterday was busy enough that I skipped reading most of the new threads, and did not get back to my subscribed threads until this morning. I'd have made a point of checking in again sooner if I'd had any ideas that might have helped.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Marie?

Just for my notes ... which tweak did you install/run to make your iPad stay on?

Just so's we can keep track to see if anyone else might have the same troubles.

TIA.

Oh, and about the iPad being all better? YAY!!!

Marilyn

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I used a tweak or anything from Cydia. If I did you and Leigh told me about it...but I think I just went into settings and turned it off.

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I don't think I used a tweak or anything from Cydia. If I did you and Leigh told me about it...but I think I just went into settings and turned it off.

Settings. General. Auto lock. Never.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so glad you solved this. I was so worried for a minute there, but leaving the screen on would make it overheat. It's logical. Reputable companies do recognize warranties just out of date. I'm sure Apple is one of these. We have introduced new Consumer laws here now (Aust) about how long we should be able to use a product before it malfunctions, it is aimed at high end products just like IPads and one year warranties just don't cut it anymore.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so glad you solved this. I was so worried for a minute there, but leaving the screen on would make it overheat. It's logical. Reputable companies do recognize warranties just out of date. I'm sure Apple is one of these. We have introduced new Consumer laws here now (Aust) about how long we should be able to use a product before it malfunctions, it is aimed at high end products just like IPads and one year warranties just don't cut it anymore.

Thank You! Good post. I wonder how long the iPad would typically last? Hmm....this could be a great topic....:D

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thank You! Good post. I wonder how long the iPad would typically last? Hmm....this could be a great topic....:D

Do you really think so? Maybe in another two years.....

Most reactions