What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something is opening the app store...

Steve AK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a weird problem on my iPad. It usually happens when I am browsing in Safari. Suddenly I am switched away from safari to the app store, where the game "jewel mania" asks me to install it. I believe I had that game installed on here at one time but according to everything I can see it is gone with no remaining traces. Any idea whats happening?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's probably a banner ad for the app. Sometimes those ads automatically redirect to the App Store, even if you don't tap them. There is some controversy on whether they are malicious or just bad coding by the ad company.

I send in a complaint to the site that it's happening on. They should put pressure on their ad people to put a stop to it.

OP
S

Steve AK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. It does seem to be happening on Yahoo fantasy sports pages. But I dont see any banner ads at all. Should they be visible?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm. It does seem to be happening on Yahoo fantasy sports pages. But I dont see any banner ads at all. Should they be visible?

I would think they would be visible, but could be wrong. Maybe you are being redirected before you notice.

Or it could be something new and I have no idea what's going on. That happens too. :confused:

Most reactions

Latest posts