What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something Happened

A VerySmartMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 6 because it kept annoying me, when it said i needed Itunes i didnt want it can i abort and stick with IOS 5?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There isn't a way to backwards with OS installations. What was it about OS 6 that you didn't like? It does have some nicer features and makes the unit run a little smoother overall, IMO.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded IOS 6 because it kept annoying me, when it said i needed Itunes i didnt want it can i abort and stick with IOS 5?

Did you get a message stating that you had to connect to iTunes to do the download? You get that message if your WiFi doesn't have enough bandwidth to download the iOS directly to your iPad. In that case, you download the new iOS to iTunes on your computer and transfer it to your iPad when ready. To do this, you have to be connected to your computer with the charging/sync cable.

Most reactions