What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone did something that took me out of my comfort zone

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tonight at work i had gone to the bathroom when someone notice my ipad under the towel and he was sitting there on the desk flipping through the diff things i had on the ipad by the time i had gotten back from the bathroom ..

i reach over and took it out the person hands and ask them not to touch my stuff without asking me first ..he basically said i thought that you would not mind since it was sitting out in the open ..i told i do mind and next time ask before touching something on my desk ..for i had put a towel over it to cover it up ..this not the first time this person has just picked something off someone desk and just started around with it ..

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You really should consider locking it while you're at work. Some people are really rude and inconsiderate that way so you should always lock computers and cell phones just in case.

xiutian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really rude. I have a password set on mine but that's besides the point. You shouldn't touch other people's possessions without asking for permission. Very bad upbringing.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this person has rubbed me and a couple of other people the wrong way about things he does and we all tried to explain to him about personal space ..

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this person has rubbed me and a couple of other people the wrong way about things he does and we all tried to explain to him about personal space ..

Some people just don't get it. I would definitely turn the screen lock on and lock up the device away when your away.

Apple259

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Some people just don't get it. I would definitely turn the screen lock on and lock up the device away when your away.

Or keep it with you at all times like me! ;)

RayfieldNeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Different people are raised/live with different conditions and influences. They may not have meant any harm. :)

I can see where you'd be put off, though. I lock mine out for this reason, and because someone could potentially get to sensitive personal info if they dug long enough.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People are just inconsiderate assholes to begin with. I revert back again to an example from another thread where people just lean up against my car without asking.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
personal items to me means personal along with the fact this person has never really understound that there are areas in a person life that you can not just bop into and out of when you feel like it ..more than once someone at work has had to tell this person to keep out of there stuff on the desk or other areas of the office work space ..

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would've told him that i rubbed my sack all over it just in case anyone touched it without asking.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have allmost put on my hands on the guy a couple of times along with a couple of the other people in the office has told him about staying out of our things when we are at work ..

i just do not get how the guy who can be that smart does not get the fact there is personal areas he needs not to cross with people

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone like that needs to be reported to higher up. Don't let it be personal, just say that there have been issues with him going through things on people's desks.

Most reactions

Latest posts