What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some programs wont load or stop without warning --- ipad1

GREATDAY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an IPad 1 that is the high end one. Over the past few months When i am right in the middle of reading an ebook or trying to load a game ( angry birds) or perform some other task I will get a black screen and the iPad goes back to the homepage. What is causing this as it has become very frustrating? I make sure no other programs are running and it still happens. Any idea of how to fix this? It does not happen all the time but it is becoming more frequent. Suggested solutions are welcomed.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GREATDAY said:
Have an IPad 1 that is the high end one. Over the past few months When i am right in the middle of reading an ebook or trying to load a game ( angry birds) or perform some other task I will get a black screen and the iPad goes back to the homepage. What is causing this as it has become very frustrating? I make sure no other programs are running and it still happens. Any idea of how to fix this? It does not happen all the time but it is becoming more frequent. Suggested solutions are welcomed.

First of all welcome to the Forum!

I feel your problem is to do with ram and the ipad 1 has only 256mb compared with 512 for the iPad 2. So you are completely closing all other apps from the multi task bar and it is still happening? Safari may be the culprit here as it stores info from each site you visit. Clearing history and cookies and data may help you, Settings - Safari. Also doing a restart and/or reset can help too. Try this and let us know how you go.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
G

GREATDAY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your recommendations, I have tried them all to no avail. In looking at other threads it appears the timing of this problem occurred about the same time as IOS 5 was introduced. From what I can determine its probably a software bug in IOS 5 having to do with memory allocation. This problem did not exist before the IOS upgrade. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Most reactions

Latest posts