What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some problems since update

jabba_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I just noticed some troble with my IPad after updating to the new Software.
First of all, I wasn`t able to update through iTunes, so I had to download a Firmware and installed it manually. Now the problems:
1. I use Atomic Web as Webbrowser, when I multitask, and go back to Atomic, it shows the Startscreen like I would open it for the first time, not the page I left before.
2. When browsing the www, on some pages I can`t post in forums (f.e. on this forum). The cuorsor jumps from the Title-space to Tags-space, but I can`t select the field, which I should write the message in.
3. When I want to watch a video on apple.com, my IPad tells me I have to install QuickTimePlayer, although I already watched videos on this side before the Update.

thx in advance

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, I have no idea about how you did your install but I suggest that in regards to Atomic acting like that it could be that they need to update the app for the OS. I have Atomic also but because I'm literally forced to use Safari I never use it.

OP
J

jabba_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shift+right click on the Update Button in iTunes, and you can select the software you want to install

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding Atomic. Please remember that the iPAD is not a Multitasking machine. Never the less it should keep all your pointers to the web pages on the open tabs. It may automatically reload them as you return to the application. It'll never load in the background.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you need to focus on getting 4.2.1 from iTunes on your device first. Atomic is optimized for multitasking on 4.2.1 so once you have the latest version it should work just fine.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can confirm that my Atomic browser keeps the running page also.
However, iOS will close background apps if it feels the need to free up memory.

OP
J

jabba_boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thx for all your replies. Regarding the update through iTunes, i had serious problems to download it. I tried it for several days by WIFI and cable, on two different, very fast networks and the download always stopped at the very last second, b/c of time out due to bad inet connection (i´ve read that a lot of users had the same issue). That´s why I installed a Firmware.
So when I push the Update Button right now, iTunes tells me that I run the latest version...
I tried Safari, and everything worked as it is supposed to be, when "multitasking", it brings back the page I left Safari with, so it seems to be something wrong with my Atomic, idk

Most reactions

Latest posts