What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some old problem ipad 2 not booting

krainey4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you all have prob covered this over and over but my ipad 2 never jailbroken will not start after a new app was installed - twice i got the passphrase screen but after putting my passcode in it just sits and looks at me - I can put the ipad in DFU and recovery mode but I dont want to lose anything I tried TU but this only allowed me to exit recovery - is there any way I can get into ipad without losing my pictures (they arent backup up :( -) can I jailbrake it just to get it powered up to access pics - any advice is very much appreciated thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you can get it to boot as far as the passcode/phrase screen again, try plugging it into a computer. On windows it should show up as a USB drive, and your camera roll should be in the DCIM folder. On a Mac you can use the included Image Capture app.

As for the rest, I have no idea. Since you are playing with DFU mode, I have to assume you already tried a rest by holding down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

Personally it sounds busted to me. If you haven't jailbroken or bypassed the App Store in any other way there should be no way for an app to prevent booting. It's a coincidence, and you should contact Apple's Tech Support, or make an appointment at a nearby store's Genius bar. If the iPad is no longer under warrantee it may cost.

Most reactions

Latest posts