What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Fast Fed Ex Facts on iPad Shipping

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
1. A whole planeload of iPads is normally shipped.
2. When they land in Anchorage AK, customs officials inspect every one. How ever many that is to fill a plane. Probably pretty many.
3. They are usually sent to Memphis for sorting and resending to final destination.
4. Mine is going to Dayton OH and has departed Memphis and will be in Dayton tonight. Loaded on delivery truck for delivery tomorrow morning. Yours is probably treated the same way, wherever you are.
5. Actually pretty fast all things considered. Mine was shipped on the 22nd of June. It was originally scheduled for 1 Jul delivery.

That is all I know. I got most of this from calling Memphis center.

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not believe that Customs agents individually inspect each iPad in a planeload shipment. I'm not questioning your veracity, but that of the FedEx person who told you.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. A whole planeload of iPads is normally shipped.
2. When they land in Anchorage AK, customs officials inspect every one. How ever many that is to fill a plane. Probably pretty many.
3. They are usually sent to Memphis for sorting and resending to final destination.
4. Mine is going to Dayton OH and has departed Memphis and will be in Dayton tonight. Loaded on delivery truck for delivery tomorrow morning. Yours is probably treated the same way, wherever you are.
5. Actually pretty fast all things considered. Mine was shipped on the 22nd of June. It was originally scheduled for 1 Jul delivery.

That is all I know. I got most of this from calling Memphis center.

Mine it was supposed to be shipped on 7/21 an delivered on 7/24 but shipped on 7/18 and delivered on 7/23. It took more time in China....I think the moment leaves China becomes fairly fast.

Jun 23, 2010 10:01 AM Delivered
Jun 23, 2010 6:22 AMOn FedEx vehicle for deliveryHILLSIDE, IL
Jun 23, 2010 6:14 AMAt local FedEx facilityHILLSIDE, IL
Jun 23, 2010 3:51 AMAt dest sort facility CHICAGO, IL
Jun 23, 2010 4:09 AMDeparted FedEx locationINDIANAPOLIS, IN
Jun 22, 2010 3:10 PMInt'l shipment releaseANCHORAGE, AK
Jun 22, 2010 8:39 PMIn transitSHENZHEN CN
Jun 21, 2010 3:29 PMAt local FedEx facilitySHENZHEN CN
Jun 21, 2010 3:29 PMClearance in progressSHENZHEN CN
Jun 19, 2010 4:52 PMClearance in progressSHENZHEN CN
Jun 19, 2010 4:52 PMAt local FedEx facilitySHENZHEN CN
Jun 18, 2010 9:13 PMAt local FedEx facilitySHENZHEN CN
Jun 18, 2010 9:13 PMClearance in progressSHENZHEN CN
Jun 18, 2010 6:26 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CN
Jun 18, 2010 3:54 PMPicked upSHENZHEN CNPackage received after FedEx cutoff
Jun 18, 2010 1:43 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

OP
mslammers

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
???

I do not believe that Customs agents individually inspect each iPad in a planeload shipment. I'm not questioning your veracity, but that of the FedEx person who told you.

Could be mistaken, but I specifically asked if they sampled and she said no, they inspect all of the items on the plane. Of course, they may not open them all.

Jun 27, 2010 10:04 AM
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Jun 26, 2010 3:04 AM
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN

Jun 26, 2010 2:20 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

Jun 25, 2010 5:31 PM
Departed FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Jun 25, 2010 11:53 AM
Int'l shipment release
ANCHORAGE, AK

Jun 24, 2010 3:49 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Jun 24, 2010 10:15 PM
In transit
SHENZHEN CN

Jun 24, 2010 10:05 PM
Shipment exception
SHENZHEN CN
Delay beyond our control

Jun 24, 2010 9:36 PM
In transit
SHENZHEN CN

Jun 23, 2010 9:28 PM
At local FedEx facility
SHENZHEN CN

Jun 22, 2010 9:17 PM
At local FedEx facility
SHENZHEN CN

Jun 22, 2010 11:03 AM
Left FedEx origin facility
SHENZHEN CN

Jun 22, 2010 10:28 AM
Picked up
SHENZHEN CN
Package received after FedEx cutoff

Jun 21, 2010 3:51 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx​

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Uggghhh, this sucks. Last update I have shows the iPad leaving China on the 25th. Nothing since. Would love to see the update saying it came through over the weekend and is in Memphis for final shipping. But I know that's not the case. Expected delivery is still the 29th but I'll admit I will be shocked if that happens.

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine took 28 hours to get from Shenzen China to Raleigh North Carolina. Raleigh is 1 hour away.

It has been in Raleigh NC since about 7pm Friday evening. Not sure why it was not delivered Saturday. Hope it gets here tomorrow.

I have much better luck with UPS

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Mine took 28 hours to get from Shenzen China to Raleigh North Carolina. Raleigh is 1 hour away.

It has been in Raleigh NC since about 7pm Friday evening. Not sure why it was not delivered Saturday. Hope it gets here tomorrow.

I have much better luck with UPS

I've noticed the same thing. In my opinion, UPS has gotten much more consistent with their shipping.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Millions of products arrive every day from china and other countries inspecting every item would be impossible random check is the norm. At the end of the day you ordered a product it is picked then shipped I cannot see the sense going around in circles about what happens to it in transit
Col

DUTCH VanAtlanta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My last iPad got hung up in Shezhen for a couple of days before shipment.

After it left Shenzhen it arrived Anchorage at 2:49PM and left at 4:12PM. I seriously doubt if 1 hr and 23 minutes is enough time to inspect each and every item on the plane.

From Anchorage it went to Indianapolis (1:51AM) and was delivered to an Atlanta suburb at 10:01AM that same day.

Pretty darned good - and better than any I've ever had with "brown" - service,

Mach3Composites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What they do is get the detailed manifest to customs in Anchorage prior to the aircraft arriving. They have to also detail what materials the product is made from. This allows for preclearing the shipment prior to it actually arriving, then they can stamp the paperwork quickly when it does arrive and quickly ready for the flight to the lower 48. Hope the helps.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Here's what hinders my faith in Fed Ex. On the website, they are showing it is still in China right now. But is supposed to be delivered to Atlanta tomorrow morning by 10:00. So I had my wife call and check the status. Bear in mind, the website tracking info says it is still in China.

They tell her by phone the thing is en route to the Atlanta distribution facility right now. So the info isn't matching up. I'm hoping it is here tomorrow, but for some reason I'm not holding my breath.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive found that the same is true with UPS and Parcel Force (UK) - the web based status is often innacurate.

Most reactions

Latest posts